Karpoúzi (or καρπούζι) means watermelon in Greek, and this one of my favorite recipes for that delicious fruit. It showcases the classic Greek combo of watermelon + feta, a delicious juxtaposition of sweet and tangy flavors.
This salad is easy, sweet, and delicious. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend barbeque.
1 mini, seedless watermelon
1 bunch fresh mint
4 heirloom tomatoes
1 six-ounce container crumbled feta
1 six-ounce container crumbled goat cheese
1. cube the watermelon and tomatoes
2. pull mint leaves from their sprigs
3. combine all ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with honey
4. toss to mix all ingredients
5. garnish with a sprig of mint
This can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a day. To keep it even fresher, wait to add the mint and honey till you’re ready to serve.